The Elias Klein Founders’ Travel Supplement program supports students needing limited financial assistance and will provide up to $500 in reimbursement for reasonable expenses (e.g. travel cost, registration, workshops) for attending NAMS 2021 to present their research (oral or poster presentation). This award program is named in honor of Elias Klein, whose vision and spirit guided the founding of NAMS in 1985.
Students who will attend the 2021 NAMS Meeting and who have not previously received a NAMS student award or supplement are eligible to apply.
Application materials (submitted as one electronic PDF file)
The following items must be submitted as a single PDF file or the application will be rejected:
- one-page resume describing the applicant’s education (including undergraduate and graduate GPA),
- the title and abstract of applicant’s oral presentation or poster for the upcoming NAMS meeting,
- description of needs for financial assistance to attend the NAMS annual meeting, and
- one-page nomination letter by faculty supervisor or a current member of NAMS,
- needs to contain information of funding need for applicant
- each faculty supervisor may nominate only a single student for the Klein Travel Supplement
Application deadlines and review
Application packages must be received by January 8, 2021 per e-mail to Caleb Funk, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed by the NAMS Awards Committee. Award decisions will be made before the deadline for abstract submission for the 2020 NAMS Meeting.
All Awards Committee votes will be independently tallied by the Tellers Committee. If one or more Tellers Committee members also are Awards Committee members, all such members will be replaced by Board appointees for the purpose of validating the results of award voting only.
We expect to provide up to 20 Elias Klein Founders’ Travel Supplements, depending on the funds available.