SR Principal Membrane Development Engineer
Job Description and Qualifications
If you enjoy working in an innovative environment, we have a great opportunity for you!
SEPPURE is a separation-tech company developing novel membrane materials and membrane processes for chemical separations. We have an opportunity for SENIOR PRINCIPAL MEMBRANE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER for our R&D centre based in Singapore.
Focus will surround the development of hollow fiber solvent-resistant nanofiltration membranes intended for use in food, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and oil refining industries.
The Successful Candidate Will Enjoy
The candidate will be responsible for the polymeric membrane fabrication and module design. The focus will surround the development of solvent-resistant nanofiltration membranes intended for use in food, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and oil refining industries. The applicants will be involved in R&D projects, industry projects, and scale-up process. The applicant will closely work with the R&D and commercial teams to manage development projects and drive them through the development process from research to commercialization.
- Contribute to leading-edge hollow fiber development activities ranging from research and feasibility to maturation and optimization towards commercialization and production.
- Work with dedicated teams of engineers and experts.
- Project management and execution of polymeric hollow fiber membrane development, production, and implementation.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the company core technology including membrane fabrication, module development, process optimization, customer reporting, and scale-up process.
- Leading the pilot projects and in-field implementations with the customers.
- Being part of an engineering, manufacturing, and business organization developing membrane-based chemical separation solutions.
- Interaction with company advisors, customers, and development partners to help steer development programs
- Being part of a team of highly motivated professionals
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities and grow
- Maintain awareness of new membrane technologies in academia and industry
- Attending/participating in technical and commercial meetings and conferences
- Limited traveling to support development activities (estimated annual travel <10%)
Qualifications: We are looking for results-oriented candidates with the following qualifications:
- D. (5+ years work experience), M.Sc. (7+ years work experience), B.Sc. (10+ years work experience) in Chemical Engineering, Polymer, Material Science and Engineering, or related disciplines
- Experience in hollow fiber spinning , module fabrication, and process design with knowledge of the roles of interfacial and surface chemistry of organic polymers, Experience in solvent-resistant nano-filtration membrane development is a plus
- Experience in using industrial/academic collaborations to accelerate development timelines
- Creative and proactive mindset and willingness to explore novel solutions
- Self-motivated and able to manage different projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experimental design and statistical analysis experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
SEPPURE offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, employee stock option plan (ESOP), a unique growth opportunity, paid holidays/vacation, as well as medical and dental insurance.
To learn more, visit https://www.seppure.com/.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply: please send a cover letter outlining experience and qualifications as well as your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Sr Principal Membrane Development Engineer”.