The NAMS Young Membrane Scientist Awards will be presented annually to outstanding individuals who are starting their professional careers in membrane science and technology. This award is open to all Membrane Scientists within 3 years after completion of the PhD degree including post docs, faculty and industrial positions.
Each NAMS Young Membrane Scientist Award will consists of a $500 award to the recipient, free registration to the 2017 ICOM Meeting, a free one-year membership in NAMS, a hotel room for the duration of the meeting at the conference hotel, and a commemorative plaque. All award recipients will give their oral presentation during a special award session at the 2017 ICOM Meeting. Applicants must be current members of NAMS and must agree to write a one-page report on the meeting which will be published in a future issue of the NAMS Membrane Quarterly.
Application materials (submitted as one electronic PDF
- the following items must be submitted as a single PDF file or the application will be rejected:
- two-page resume describing the applicant’s education (including undergraduate and graduate GPA, publications, and research experience),
- the title and abstract of applicant’s oral presentation for the upcoming NAMS meeting,
- two page description of relevance of applicant’s research and plans for the future,
- statement that the award funds will not be used as substitute for existing funding,
- nomination letter by a current member of NAMS.
Application deadlines and review
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Applications for next year must be received by January 13, 2017 per e-mail to Uwe Beuscher,
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed by
the NAMS Awards Committee. Award decisions will be made as soon as possible and before the deadline for abstract submission for the 2017 ICOM Meeting.
All Awards Committee votes will be independently tallied by the Tellers Committee. If one or more Tellers Committee members also are Awards Committee members, all such members will be replaced by Board appointees for the purpose of validating the results of award voting only.
We expect to provide up to 3 NAMS Young Membrane Scientist Awards. Questions regarding the awards or application procedures should be addressed to:
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
100 Airport Road
Elkton, MD 21921